Saturday, December 31, 2011

Occupy Gatesville

Yesterday, I logged in to my Hotmail account, using my Chrome browser to do so. Today, I opened Chrome and what to my wondering eyes should appear? MSN is now my Chrome homepage!

This is outrageous! 

I normally open Hotmail from within my Explorer browser. I have a few other sites that are optimized for IE, so I habitually switch browsers for certain sites. I have a few other sites that work best with Mozilla Firefox. And you know what? Switching is no problem for me. I like the options, and the differences, and the way the companies are forced to compete with each other. Normally, the healthy competition benefits us all.

But when MSN inserts itself into my preferences and makes itself the homepage for Chrome, replacing my preference for an iGoogle homepage for Chrome, that is going too far! That is underhanded. That is, if not a crime, at the very least an egregious party foul. 

Has anyone else noticed this? Are there other concerned citizens out there? Is it time for an "Occupy" movement on Bill Gates' front lawn?

1 comment:

  1. Party foul on New Year's Eve is most unwelcome. Très gauche.

    ReplyDelete