New models and options in 2013 for Harley-Davidson's 110th Anniversary
2013 is going to be a banner year for Harley-Davidson as it rolls into its 110th continuous year of producing the great American classic motorcycle. Special editions due to debut this production year include:
- A restyled Dyna Street Bob model;
- The Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO) Breakout which is a high-performance Softail; and
- The CVO Road King which will be fitted with an innovative vented windshield, high-output audio system, and fairing lowers (pictured below).
|2013 CVO Road King|
|2013 FLHR AE, the 110th Anniversary Edition Road King|
- Ten Harley-Davidson models (including the Road King, pictured above) are offered as 110th Anniversary Editions, each serialized and featuring exclusive paint and commemorative solid bronze fuel tank badges. Production will vary by model and will be strictly limited to ensure exclusivity. These models come with all available factory-installed options as standard equipment.
- The Harley-Davidson Street Bob will have a tougher profile for 2013 with new blacked-out triple clamps and powertrain, and a chopped rear fender with side-mounted license plate and stop/turn/tail lights. This rowdy Dyna bobber features a solo seat and mini-ape handlebar mounted on new risers that make it easier to customize the Street Bob. New paint options include Hard Candy Custom metalflake and a scalloped two-tone option.
- The Street Bob serves as a great starting point for customization, and now along with the 1200 Custom it can be personalized through H-D1 Factory Customization with options selected by the customer using the online Bike Builder on Harley-Davidson.com, and installed as the motorcycle is assembled by the Harley-Davidson Motor Company. By choosing from different wheels, paint and engine finishes, the customer can dramatically alter the look of the motorcycle. Different combinations of foot-control location, seat choices and handlebar can be selected to adjust the fit of the motorcycle to rider stature.
- Hard Candy Custom embraces a trend that’s reemerged from garages around the globe. Now the sparkle of Hard Candy Big Red Flake, Hard Candy Lucky Green Flake and Hard Candy Coloma Gold Flake can be ordered as Original Equipment paint and serve as the foundation for personal customization. At least one Hard Candy Custom color will be offered on these Harley-Davidson motorcycle models: Seventy-Two, Street Bob, Blackline, Softail Deluxe, and Forty-Eight.
- The 2013 CVO series of limited-production premium custom motorcycles features the new CVO Breakout, a bold Softail model that takes production motorcycle finishes to a new level with two paint schemes that feature hand-polished steel sections on the fuel tank and fenders. The CVO Road King offers the first factory-installed Road King audio system, and the new detachable Vented Wind Splitter windshield. The super-premium touring CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide and shark-nose CVO Road Glide Custom bagger return with new features for 2013.
- The versatile Harley-Davidson Sportster line includes five models, plus the Sportster 1200 Custom Anniversary Edition. New colors and graphics are offered on all Sportster models.
- The traditional “hard tail” lines of the Harley-Davidson Softail platform are offered on six models, including the Softail Slim, a back-to-basics 1950’s-style bobber introduce mid-year 2012. The 2013 Fat Boy now features Mirror Chrome Aluminum Bullet Hole Disc wheels as standard equipment. The Softail line also includes Heritage Softail Classic Anniversary Edition and the Fat Boy Lo Anniversary Edition.
- Eight Harley-Davidson Touring models, from the slammed-and-trimmed Street Glide to the fully equipped Electra Glide Ultra Limited, are ready to tackle the long road with fresh color and graphics options. The Road King Anniversary Edition and Electra Glide Ultra Limited Anniversary Edition are available in limited quantities for 2013.
- The smooth-handling 2013 Dyna line includes the re-styled Street Bob and four more models, plus the Super Glide Custom Anniversary Edition.
- The aggressive Harley-Davidson V-Rod power-cruiser line features the Night Rod Special and V-Rod Muscle, each available in new colors for 2013.
- Riders looking for a Trike option with Harley-Davidson quality can turn to the Tri Glide Ultra Classic, also available Tri Glide Ultra Classic Anniversary Edition to celebrate a milestone.