Saturday, August 7, 2010

Launch!

Welcome to my blog! The point of Blogging is to interact with the world, one person at a time. Sure, email still serves a purpose. No, I will not throw away my phone(s). Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube are all still OK--though none of them are as good as getting together at the coffee shop or a great neighborhood bar like Rustico.  I'll still use listservs I may not be the first person on my block to start a blog, but I do think it's time to jump on this interesting band wagon.  I'll learn as I go.  My intent is to let this blog serve as the hub of my virtual life. I'd like to come to one place to share and relate.  I'd like to leverage technology where I can.  There is so much to write about! Thanks for reading this, and welcome to PhilosFX!

9 comments:

  1. In the first month, my blog garnered 3 followers, over 500 page views, and 11 comments on 24 posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After 60 days, followers and page views both increased by two-thirds each to 5 and 820, respectively. The rate of posts per day (0.35) and comments per day (0.75) was steady, around 90% of the previous month's values, with 21 comments on 45 posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Day 70, celebrating 1000 page views!

    ReplyDelete
  4. After three months, page views and comments both increased by over 85% to 1558 and 39, respectively. Meanwhile, followers increased by 20% to 6, indicating that most readers are casual viewers of the blog. That's fine, but my challenge is to make the blog stand out a bit more . The rate of posts per day has declined a little each month, but remains above 72%. NaBloPoMo (30 posts in 30 days of Nov) should result in a slight increase to next month's posts per day value. The quality of those posts will be reflected in the change in page views, followership, and comments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Four months in, and still having fun. The blog is a good outlet for me, and it's becoming more of a hangout for like-minded people. Pageviews and comments per day are both up over last month, 44% and 79% respectively.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Celebrating 5 months of PhilosFX. Goals for 2011: 20 followers; 10,000 page views; 300 comments; and 350 posts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Put 'NA' in the added features column for month 6, and that tells the story. I did not work hard on the blog and the results show up in the numbers. I lost my first follower this month for a 14% decline in followership. Single digit posting and comment growth produced the smallest monthly change in page views thus far: an anemic 10%. I need to do better next month, or really, why bother at all?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really enjoy being able to send friends links to blog posts. This happens often: we talk about subjects of mutual interest, and then I send them a link to a related blog post. Another frequent occurrence: I repost conversations that take place in email or on BeerPal or other forums here as posts. My blog is not the hub I envisioned, but it is a repository--and that is useful and good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Crossed the 4000 views threshold on Tax Day, 18 Apr 2011.

    ReplyDelete