Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Mark Madness: The March NCIS Marathon


Fellow fans of the hit TV series, NCIS (Naval Criminal Investigative Service), are doubtless already aware of the March NCIS Marathon, aka Mark Madness, currently running on USA Network. The TV marathon is named in honor of Mark Harmon, the actor who plays Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs on the popular CBS crime drama currently in its 9th season.

Confession: I have never actually watched a single episode of NCIS live! I have seen maybe 50 episodes, out of the 210 made so far. I like to watch TV late at night, to unwind before I go to bed. So I catch NCIS on the rerun channels. But anyway I started writing down Gibbs' Rules as they were revealed over time.  Not familiar? Here's a little excerpt to whet your appetite:



# Rule: Actual Character Quote: Episode(s):
1 Never let suspects stay together. Gibbs (to Kate): "Rule number one: Never let suspects stay together." 1.01 Yankee White
1 Never screw (over) your partner. Gibbs: "Number one supersedes all of the others." 4.14 Blowback
Jenny: "Never screw your partner?"
Gibbs: "Never screw OVER your partner."
2 Always wear gloves at a crime scene. Gibbs (to Kate)"Rule number two: Always wear gloves at a crime scene." 1.01 Yankee White
3 Don't believe what you're told. Double check. Gibbs: "Rule number three: Don't believe what you're told, double check." 1.01 Yankee White
Kate: "Should I write these rules in my Palm Pilot or crochet them on pillows?"
3 Never be unreachable. Ziva (after trying to reach McGee): "Rule number three..." 3.13 Deception
Tony: "Never be unreachable."
4 If you have a secret, the best thing is to keep it to yourself. The second-best is to tell one other person if you must. There is no third best. Jenny: "It's your fault you know." 4.14 Blowback
Gibbs: "For what, leaving or coming back?" 
Jenny: "For teaching me your rules. Best way to keep a secret, keep it to yourself. Second best, tell one other person... if you must. There is no third best. (walking away) That's rule number four isn't it?"



Of course, I soon discovered that I was not alone in my interest in learning Gibbs' Rules. Naturally the wisdom of the crowd may be found in the cloud. These two sites offered something like the interactive compilation I was searching for:


  • NCIS Fan Wiki.com's NCIS Gibbs Rules HERE
  • NCIS Wikia.com's Leroy Jethro Gibbs Rules HERE


The show airs Tuesdays at 8 / 7 Central on CBS, if you are into the whole real time, one episode per week thing. Who has time to watch TV at 8 pm?


Otherwise, if you are into back-to-back vintage, meet me at USA Network! Set your DVR, and you can watch 3 episodes in only 2 hours by skipping the ads!  




I know, I know--there's always Hulu--but I spend too much time at my computer as it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment