Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Gigapixel view of Notre Dame v. Michigan

Hey, Irish fans! Did you go to the Michigan game?

Can you prove it?

Check out this 26 billion pixel interactive image of Notre Dame Stadium just before kickoff at the Michigan game. The resolution is phenomenal.  




I enjoyed looking for friends who were able to attend the game, but retired without success. I guess I'll have to wait until they tag themselves. Or, maybe they will post their seat numbers in the comments. I have a stadium map!

I noted that relatively few people were honoring the flag during the playing of the National Anthem. In fact, it took me several seconds of scanning before I found a few people rendering honors, and figured out from them what was happening. How many people are wearing hats? How many have their right hand over their heart but are still covered? Search for the man who doffed his hat and covered his heart. He's in there, God bless him.

Notice the number of people who were taking cell phone photos while the Gigapixel Camera was simultaneously taking their pictures!  Kinda takes "living in a fishbowl" to a new level, doesn't it?

I zoomed in on the three parachutists, and was quite surprised to find the clear image of an airplane in the deep background behind the risers in one of the parachutes. Can you replicate the screen shot I pasted in below? Can you zoom in even more and recognize the plane?



Screen capture image shows one of three parachutists. See the plane in the deep background?


This image is presented by South Bend Airport. It's an interesting and entertaining bit of technology on display.

No comments:

Post a Comment