Monday, November 21, 2011

Argh!

As of right now, 6 am Central, I have 6 hours to go (323 miles) and less than 6 hours in which to do it and qualify for the Iron Butt Association.
It's raining so hard that I couldn't see the overpass until I was past it. So I pulled over and parked at a Waffle House (they are as ever-present here as are 7-11s in Virginia).
Rain is okay. I can deal with light rain, cross-winds, slick bridges, clueless woodland creatures, and even lightning. But when it's coming down so hard you can't see the shelter, it's time to have a cuppa and soak up some of that famous Waffle House ambience.
Forecast: more of the same. All day. Bad timing I guess. Oh well, the coffee's good...

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

3 comments:

  1. Rain, rain, go away. Come back some other day (or at least, non conducive motor cycle riding weather, hold out for 7 more days.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave, you got this! Keep pressing ahead buddy!

    ReplyDelete