Sunday, November 20, 2011

The adventure begins!


At 1 pm Eastern today, I am heading off on a grand adventure: my first long distance motorcycle trip. The goal is to put my knees in the breeze and ride! More specific objectives include covering 3000 miles and 10 states in the next 8 days. Even more specific: to Dallas for Thanksgiving, and back to DC.

I will be taking advantage of the opportunity to challenge the requirements for entry into the Iron Butt Association. I know, it's cold and it might rain (or snow). At my age, days of all-nighters are mostly behind me now. Perhaps the timing is off, but then again, there is no time like the present! The first 1000 miles in 24 hours gets me the Saddle Sore award and entry into the IBA: the world's toughest motorcycle riders!

The bike is in great shape.  I had a good night's sleep. I am packed and ready to load up. The cats are cared for and the house is fine till I get back. My neighbors and friends along the way are tracking me on Latitude. All systems go.

Watch this space for updates and wish me luck.

Keep the shiny side up!

1 comment:

  1. Ride 'em, cowboy! Best of luck, keep safe, and happy trails!

    ReplyDelete