- Center: health, balance, physical, spiritual and mental fitness
- Purpose: passion, career, motive
- Introspection: spirituality, self-improvement, education, meditation
- Support: family, friends, community, neighbors, church
- Gratitude: reward, making, saving, investing, spending, giving
- Authenticity: production, work, foundation, outreach, legacy
- Receptivity: relationships, love, companionship
- Joy: creativity, music, art, children, dance
- Awareness: travel, helpful people, new ideas, gurus
I have not changed the assessment framework, but I have come to see the need for a bit more clarity in the categories. I have interests that span multiple categories. Now that I have so many posts, it can be hard to find posts about favorite, recurring topics like beer, statistics, measurement systems, or philanthropy.
Today I am adding
- Food and Drink: beer, wine, spirits, and cooking--all with an eye to regionally available products and craftsman-like technique.
- Visual Evidence: displaying data for analysis and decision-making
- Fun, Travel, and Adventure: Movies, motorcycles, music, camping, kayaking, photography, running
- Deep Thoughts: Philosophy, religion, politics, and economics
- Rants: Occasionally, it helps to let off a little steam
- Technology: Applied science, preferably artfully done
- Humor: recognizing the important role of sharing a good belly laugh now and then while living a happy and full life.
I am also planning four new blogs at some point in the future. PhilosFX is an overarching blog about a wide variety of interests. However, I have noticed that successful blogs are more focused. People do not come to the Brookston Beer Bulletin http://brookstonbeerbulletin.com/ to read about philosophy, fatherhood, art history, motorcycles, divorce, cancer, genealogy, politics, statistics, economics, movies, books, gardening, cooking, philately, travel, NCIS, golf, Calvin and Hobbes, AND beer.
- Penta: National Security Strategy, National Military Strategy, International Relations, Globalization, Macro-economics
- Praxis: Value-Focused Thinking, Measurement Systems, Lean Six Sigma, Continuous Process Improvement
- Prism: Investing strategies and portfolio management, investment math, sector analysis, risk management, optimization
- Pronto (Adventures in direct and multi-level marketing): Blastoff Shopping Network, Pre-Paid Legal Services, Rich Dad Investment Education, 4th Generation Six Sigma, eBay, CafePress
Note: last edited on 2 Oct 2011