|Evidence of a morning well-spent|
- people running in memory of someone who was lost, or in support of someone injured.
- a Gold Star mother running in memory of her son, SFC Bowen from Maryland Army National Guard.
- more hand bikers and wheelchair racers than ever before.
- two blind runners, with escort and guards, and t-shirts declaring that loss of sight is not loss of vision.
- a number people on prosthetic limbs.
- many people carrying Old Glory, or unit guidons, or banners depicting such things as Purple Heart medals
Bottom line, I am proud to be affiliated with Armed Forces Services Corporation, a corporation which values service and is the champion for Warriors, Veterans, and Families. As an AFSC employee, I am working for the DoD's Wounded Warrior Program, helping to make a difference in the lives of our wounded, ill, and injured Warriors from all services and components.