Monday, August 9, 2010

Why Blog?

There are as many reasons to blog as there are bloggers, but I wanted to share my motives. Sharing helps me clarify my own motives by making them explicit (I am an extrovert). Sharing may also help others who are bloggers or blog-curious.

·        I like to write. I like to tell stories and chat with people about a wide range of topics.  I have made lots of presentations to groups of all sizes and I really like that a lot. I want to publish more and maybe write a book or three. I am tired of some of my best writing gems being lost and forgotten in underappreciated emails. With a blog, my best gems can be forgotten in public.

·        I like to be in community. I like attention and interaction. When I read a good book, I scribble in the margins and underline new words as if I were talking with the author. I meet people easily and make friends quickly.

·        I would like to simplify my life, to save time by leveraging technology.  I’d like a hub for my virtual life—a hug that is accessible from anywhere using my smart phone or any connected computer.

If you are a blogger, what are your motives? How are they like mine? If you are not a blogger, why not?


No comments:

Post a Comment