Friday, December 21, 2012

Skulls, Flaming skulls, and Winged flaming skulls




Comparing 
Harley-Davidson’s 110th Anniversary Tank Badge and 
the Hell’s Angels Logo 
Head-to-Head

This head-to-head comparison shows some interesting similarities between the brand new H-D 110th anniversary tank badge and the logo of the infamous Hell's Angels.


Do you think the similarity was intentional?

Of course as we all know, skulls, flaming skulls, and winged flaming skulls symbolize a fraternal bond that will survive mortal death. (See my related post HERE.) Many brands and organizations have sought to use such symbols to inspire feelings of loyalty and devotion. 


I think the similarities are coincidental, but would I want a gang of Pagans to mistake my H-D @ 110 tattoo for a Hell's Angels tattoo? No, thank you.


And no, MOM, I do NOT have a H-D @ 110 tattoo! But that tank badge looks pretty sweet on the 2013 Road King gas tank...

H/T Brian