This is now... these are the New Rules...
- work harder,
- regularly reinvent yourself,
- obtain at least some form of post-secondary education,
- make sure that you’re engaged in lifelong learning,
- and play by the rules."
“We have to prepare more Americans for the new jobs that are being created in a world fueled by new technology. That’s why investments in our people” — in more community colleges, Pell grants and vocational-training classes — “are more important than ever.”
- Are you prepared to work harder to earn a decent life for yourself and your children?
- What have you done to reinvent yourself, lately?
- How are you fostering the value of life-long learning within yourself and those closest to you?
- Should we be teaching computer programming to our elementary school students?
Read Freidman's NY Times article here: New Rules/