Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I am curating four topics on Scoop.It!


My friend Scott turned me on to a new service called Scoop.It. With Scoop.It, one can create a topic area and become a curator of web content having to do with that topic. Scoop.It provides the search engine and literally scans millions of pages per second to suggest content for your topic(s).

I am interested in lots of things: decision analysis, motorcycles, travel, beer, philosophy, etc.  It occurred to me that I can curate my own relevant blog posts, and I can blog about articles I find and curate. I think the synergy between social networks, my own writing, and my research will be good.


Scoop.It's in beta testing right now. I applied for a token offered this blog as my bona fides. They set me up with an account and I created the following topics. Below are the announcements I sent to Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter as appropriate. Please check them out and feel free to suggest content.



I am curating a new site on Scoop.it called Value-Focused Thinking. The site is about understanding values and focusing on values rather than alternatives in decision analysis.

Get the values right, or the numbers don't matter!

Keywords: metaphysics of quality, decision analysis, applied management, value-focused thinking, lean six sigma



I am curating a new site on Scoop.it called King of the Road. It's about epic motorcycle journeys like Hoka Hey and Long Way Round--preferably, but not exclusively, on American-made machines.

Surveying the kingdom astride our steel horses

Note: the image is a 2008 Road King just like mine, and the slogan on the poster was my winning entry in a Harley-Davidson poster contest. 


Keywords: Harley-Davidson Road King, Epic Motorcycle Journey, Hoka Hey, Iron Butt, FLHR






I am curating a new site on Scoop.it called The Quest for Brewed Nirvana. I'm into craft-brewed beer. For me, hunting new and unusual beers is a fun way to learn about the variety of brewing styles, ingredients, and techniques around the world. Beer is a great social lubricant, with the power to open doors and tear down walls. One day I shall drain the grail and sing, "Ohhh, sweet mystery of life, I've found you!" 


http://www.scoop.it/t/the-quest-for-brew...



In search of imbibable bliss


Keywords: DC Beer, VA Beer, MD Beer, DE Beer, craft beer, beer wars, beer travels, world beer cup, great american beer festival, CAMRA




I am curating a new site on Scoop.it called Technicolor Omphaloskepsis. It's about combining philosophy and special effects to produce a life others would find worth watching.



http://www.scoop.it/t/technicolor-omphal...
Life: examined, shared, and truly lived.

Keywords: Mark Nepo, philosophy, metaphysics, happiness, national security, special effects, ba-gua, Elvis Costello, cognitive behavior therapy, MENSA

No comments:

Post a Comment