Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Grammar Lessons my Bartender Taught Me

Ahoy! 



What we have here is a clever twist on a standard joke set-up, "A man walks into a bar ..." As you read each line, a grammar lesson is illustrated in the form of a bar joke. For example, "A synonym strolls into a tavern ..." is funny because a synonym is a word that means the same thing as another word. Walked and strolled are synonyms. Bar and tavern are also synonyms. If you get the joke and enjoy it, read on! 

This is a fantastic review of grammar that language lovers and logicians will appreciate! 




If you find some of these jokes sail over your head, have a look at Linda's helpful explanations

I do love this clever form of humor. I wish I could find the author. Apparently this list of bar jokes has been floating around for awhile. In searching for the author I have uncovered several versions, all lacking attribution. 

Can you supply any new Grammar Lessons in the comments? Surely someone has created a pun-filled version. Can you post a link to one? Or how about a list composed entirely of Spoonerisms? For example, "Mardon me, padam, is this bar tool staken?" (I just made that up!)

Please add your own "bar jokes" in the comments! 

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment