Saturday, December 20, 2014

Hilltop Hoods: Live and Let Go




Live and Let Go
Hilltop Hoods
Walking Under the Stars



[Hook: Maverick Sabre]
All these days I’ve been broken and hopeless
And I, and I don’t feel like I’m coping, I’m hoping
That I, that I can live and let go
So I can get through it
Yeah, I can live and let go
So I can get through this

[Verse 1: Suffa]
You know the pain can
Hang in the air like cigarette smoke, right?
Sometimes trying to live and let go
Like trying to talk with a mouth full of cinnamon though
I’m trying to crawl out the skin I'm in so
I can see through the eyes of a loved one, eyes of an enemy
Rising above sometimes takes a pedigree
That I fear that I don’t posses
And turns hope into hopelessness
But I won't depress
Won’t let life wear me down
Staring down as the troubles all rush past
Some part their wary brow
And wear a frown like a handlebar mustache
So we live, I forgive and forget
Rather than to live with regret
It's like living with debt
It’s a weight that'll curve your spine
Living with hurt is like serving time

[Hook: Maverick Sabre]

[Verse 2: Brother Ali]
I pay homage to obstacles
Thin line between honor and horrible
The healing heart knows the eyes must overflow
Tears clear the windows that guard the soul
Now that the water flow, you can scrub the mud out of your land
The blood out of your hands
But you still gotta cleanse your heart that’s trying to beat inside
And it’s only purified by the tears you cry
You can fight all the devils and slay them
But if you’re made hard at the days end then they win
There’s only one force that can solve all this
I want the warm heart that we all start with
Sometimes we march out, ball our fists
I will give it all up for my softness
You will never invade my Holy place
I let the tears dry on my face

[Hook: Maverick Sabre]

[Verse 3: Pressure]
If these walls could talk they’d sing a somber song
And if we stronger from this world that goes on and on
We wear our scarring like armor made our problems from
Void of feeling, time ticking sitting on a bomb
So disengaged, hopin' that this fades
Reaching out but the dark taking focus away
This road’s paved by the brave without knowing the way
Don’t stray bro, they didn't build Rome in a day
Now I don't need to satisfy, seize to set a tie
Just the feeling peace and gratify
If we don’t reach for the stars, only reach for satellite
We'll live in faded color, but dream in black and white
I know our demons walk among us
The struggle is something that we do, not something to become us
So let go of all the suffering and hurt
Yo, unless we ball it up and we burst

[Bridge: Maverick Sabre]
So I can get through this, so I can get through this
So I can get through this, so I can get through this


[Hook: Maverick Sabre]

No comments:

Post a Comment