Monday, October 17, 2011

'Style Rookie' Tavi Gevinson

15-year old Tavi Gevinson

One of the many reasons I like NPR is the variety of intelligent programming they offer. (Frequent readers of my blog will attest to the fact that I like a lot of different things.) The content on NPR is not only varied but  in-depth and timely.

An example is a recent program highlighting Tavi Gevinson, a brilliant and fascinating young lady who calls herself the Style Rookie. Her fashion sense has earned this remarkable young lady an international following.



A toast:


  • Here's to a young lady with a style all her own, and the courage to pursue it. 
  • And here's to the curious people who pay attention to just how wonderful the world can be.  
  • And here's to NPR and blogs and e-magazines that are creating the connections.



I listen to and support National Public Radio on my local member station, WAMU 88.5 FM, broadcasting from nearby American University.



This post is dedicated to my pal, Blue Lou, for two reasons: (a) today is his birthday, and (b) his daughter blogs about fashion. Lou, if your daughter is not already a Tavi fan, here is a chance for the birthday boy to earn some Dad points. (We can never have enough of those, right?) My gift to you is a gift you can give to her. Cheers, my friend!

1 comment:

  1. Many thanks. I will pass this on to my daughter, @trippplethread on Twitter. Fashion and daughters, the gifts that keep on giving...

    ReplyDelete